If you are looking for a vacation home to rent on your next trip, there are a lot of choices available to you. The good news, with services like AirBNB and VRBO you are only a few steps away from finding the best vacation get-a-way at an affordable price.
On a recent trip to Zion National Park, my family, along with 2 other families found a beautiful 7 bedroom cabin located on the East Side of Zion that comfortably accommodated all 12 of us including private bedrooms and bathrooms for each family along with plenty of living room, kitchen, backyard and loft space to enjoy. At the end of the day, it only cost each family $200 for the 3 days and 2 nights we stayed at the cabin which was way less expensive and more enjoyable than staying at a local hotel. We even enjoyed making a few BBQ and other meals on our own which also saved us a bit of out of pocket cash for our vacation.
A few tips when using services like AirBNB and VRBO:
- Read the fine print. Many of the property owners have specifics such as maximum number of people, pets allowed, children allowed, etc… that may be important to you.
- When you put in your request for the properly, be specific about your group so that the properly owner can make a quick decision to approve your reservation.
- Bring some simple cleaning supplies (i.e. disinfectant wipes, paper towels, etc…) so that you can easily wipe things down and get a full refund on any deposit you may have on file.
- Follow all of the house rules and instructions. Some property owners will leave you with a binder that details how to lock up the properly, use the electronics and even how high/low to set the thermostat for best results.
- Treat the rental home like your own — with care and leave a positive review for the property owner if you enjoyed your stay.